A small feature was released in Office 365 Video that allows the Video Portal Admin the ability to add links to guidelines, help documents, or other information directly on the video portal itself. The primary use case for this is to grant the ability to provide easy access to IT help documentation and guidelines as it relates to Office 365 Video. The new guidelines section has the ability to add 2 links to different pages.
- The Video Portal landing page
- The Video upload page
Examples of guidelines that you could link to here could be:
- Who are the current channel owners who can upload videos
- What are the agreed upon company standards for types of videos that can be uploaded
- What are the penalties if you don’t follow the guidelines
- What are the technical upload limitations
- Who to contact if there are issues
- Or even a video explaining all of this!
The guideline links could be links to anything from an office document to a SharePoint page you created to an external website. When the guideline buttons are clicked they link will always be opened in a new tab.
Here are the steps to setup the guidelines and what it looks like in the end…
1) Navigate to your Office 365 Video Portal landing page by clicking on the the Video icon through the app launcher
2) Click Portal Settings in the video portal ribbon
3) Click Link to guidelines in the left navigation
4) Enter the links to the guidelines that you want to have available and click Save. The “Video guidelines” link will be on the home page while the “Upload guidelines” link will be on the upload page.
5) Navigate back to your home page and check out your new link
6) Click on the Upload button see your other guideline link
This is just one of the great new features that keep rolling out from the Office 365 Video team!