One of the biggest Microsoft events is just around the corner down in Orlando, Florida. Microsoft Ignite is the conglomerate of smaller technology specific events like the SharePoint Conference and TechEd. It is the yearly gathering for IT professionals and really anyone working with Microsoft to learn about the new modern solutions that are being released and what is next. It also is one of the best times to network and consult with other experts from around the world. Hopefully through keynote, breakout, and community sessions you will learn where you should be concentrating your learning efforts moving forward.
Personally I have been lucky to attend both of previous Microsoft Ignites (2015 & 2016) along with previous Microsoft SharePoint Conferences. This year I am honored to be selected to speak at Ignite 2017. This will be my first time speaking at either Ignite or a previous SPC.
- Title: Can I get a side of OneDrive for Business with my SharePoint?
- Description: When working with Microsoft collaboration tools there is always a lot of conversation about what to use when. SharePoint and OneDrive for Business are best served together in Office 365. In this session, we walk through OneDrive for Business and the capabilities for collaboration and how they relate to your overall SharePoint solution.
- Date: Tuesday, September 26th at 5:05 p.m.
- Location: OCCC South – Expo Theater #1
- Link to files & conversation in Tech Community
I am hoping during my session I can speak to a lot of the great things that Microsoft already has out there in the OneDrive & SharePoint space and real-world scenarios of how they are best used together. I work with a lot of clients in Office 365 across a lot of industries and of all sizes. I have seen a lot of successful Office 365 collaboration implementations and some that I know could be better. I will be be going through such things as how and when you should be using OneDrive vs SharePoint along with common scenarios of when to use each. By the end I hope to shed some light on things that you can take home with you to help ensure the best Office 365 adoption you can get while utilizing the appropriate solutions.
As I am writing this the week before Ignite, I am already past 475 registered attendees for this session and can’t wait to see where we go from there. I also can’t wait to get down to Orlando and see some familiar faces and hopefully make some new friends whether at the event or at the always fun after parties. If you see my walking around or sitting aimlessly by myself come on over and let’s chat! See everyone soon!